Frequently Asked Questions when booking a campervan holiday
What is the Security Deposit used for by Four Seasons Campers?
A £500 or £750 (dependent on license type and age of driver) refundable security deposit is payable 7 days prior to collection of the campervan and will be refunded 14 days after the return date provided the vehicle is returned in a clean and undamaged condition with a full tank of fuel and no traffic offences or parking tickets have been incurred. This can be paid by cheque or by credit or debit card through our Paypal account and must be cleared before we can release the vehicle.
Who can be insured?
The Campervan is insured for drivers between 23 and 75 years of age.
- An insurance excess of £500 is applicable to all UK license holders.
- An insurance excess of £750 is applicable to drivers aged 23- 24 years old.
- An insurance excess of £500 is applicable to US, Australian, New Zealand and Canadian license holders.
- An insurance excess of £750 is applicable to European license holders.
- All other license holders will be quoted an excess on request.
- The insurance excludes drivers over 75 years of age and under 23 years of age.
- The insurance excludes drivers with less than 24 months full UK or EU license experience.
What does the insurance cover me for?
The Campervan is insured for damage to the vehicle and the property of a third party.
- The security deposit paid will be set against the cost for any damage to the vehicle with Four Seasons Campers customers liable up to the value of the security deposit paid for the insurances excess.
- The customer will not have any insurance cover and is responsible for the total cost of any damage if they are in breach of the terms as stated and signed for in ‘Four Seasons Campers Terms and Conditions.’
- The Campervan is covered for unlimited EU use.
I do not hold a Full UK Driving License as I live in another country. Am I eligible to drive the campervan?
Drivers from Australia, Canada, United States and New Zealand and the majority of European countries are also eligible. If you are from outwith these countries, please get in touch and we will call our insurers to check that your license is eligible for campervan rental in the UK.
Do you allow pets in the campervan?
We love animals but in the interests of cleanliness for all hirers, we cannot accept pets without prior approval and dependent on breed.
How many campers does a Four Seasons Campers campervan comfortably sleep?
The campervan can legally carry four passengers with a fold down double bed from the rear passenger seats and a bed in the roof space that can accommodate either one adult, two light adults or two children. There is a maximum weight of 150kg for the roof bed.
Can you help me plan my campervan holiday tour?
We would be delighted to help you plan your Scottish tour in our campervan. Please give us details of whether you would prefer to use campsites or wild camp and the areas you wish to visit and we will send you an email with suggested routes and camping locations.
Can I smoke in the campervan?
In the interests of cleanliness for other customers we have a no smoking policy and will retain part of the deposit if the vehicle is returned with evidence of smoking in it.
Can I leave my car with you?
Yes, customers can park their car in our carport. Please note that vehicles are left at the owners risk.
I have never driven a campervan before. Will I be given instructions?
Yes, we will talk you through driving and parking of the campervan plus use of gas and heating and use of electric hook up. We also have a comprehensive guide for you to take away and you can call us if you have any problems. The campervan is very easy to drive but you should be aware of wing mirrors as Scottish roads can be very narrow at points.
What support do you offer during the rental?
Should you require advice or help during your rental, please contact us directly by phoning 01389 830602. If we are not available please leave a voice mail and email us at email@example.com and we will endeavour to respond promptly.
In the unlikely event of a breakdown, the Hirer should seek help from the breakdown company, details of which are provided in Four Seasons Campers rental guide in the campervan.
Can I extend the period of hire during the rental period?
Dependant on availability, you may extend the hire. Written request and confirmation is required to extend the rental period through email and additional hire charges must be received by Four Seasons Campers prior to commencement of new dates.
Do you hire all year round?
Yes, Four Seasons Campers if available to hire all year round meaning that you can explore Scotland in style regardless of the weather!